HLAW_Misc_8Very few things in life stay the same and this doesn’t change once you get divorced.  Many people experience changes in their life circumstances which make it necessary to revisit issues from their divorce regarding child custody/visitation, child support, and spousal support (also known as alimony).  In order to do this, the party seeking a change to the original divorce judgment (i.e. more or less child support) must file a motion to modify in the original case.

Sometimes the ex-spouses are getting along well enough that an agreement can be reached quickly and the modification of the divorce judgment can be handled by agreement with the help of an experienced modification attorney.  However, most often the reality is that modifications can be more contested than the original divorce causing the parties to spend a significant amount of time and money to modify the terms of the original judgment as to child custody/visitation, child support, and spousal support.  Our experienced modification attorneys can help you evaluate whether a modification makes sense based on the changed circumstances in your life.

SEE ALSO: Child Support | Child Custody

Contact Our Experienced Modification Attorneys for a Free Consultation

Click Here to contact us to schedule a free and confidential half-hour (30-minute) consultation by phone or at office.

Sharing is Caring